Friday 18 October 2013

Linky linky...

The rather wonderful lady at Adventures in Dressmaking had an interesting post regarding Martha Stewart and her comments about bloggers. Interesting in a good way.

I certainly do not claim to be an expert - the only thing I'm an expert in is being me. I blog because I enjoy other people's blogs and want to give back in some small way. I also enjoy the friendships I have developed over time this way, as well as pearls of knowledge to add to my proverbial necklace of wisdom.

I admit to some disappointment in Ms. Stewart assuming that we're all brainless enough to believe everything we read on the internet as totally honest and totally correct - even the experts out there that blog either for a living or for the fun of it can make mistakes sometimes. After all, we're only human. And while I'm the first to admit that I decry the apparent 'dumbing down" of society in general, I firmly believe that people will read thinigs out there, take the information with a grain of salt, and form their own opinions - unlike Ms. Stewart, who seems to assume that most people are "dumber than a bag of hammers" (thanks to "Oh, Brother, Where art Thou?" for that particular bonne mot) and are quick to assume that everything everyone blogs about is totally correct and without reproach.


Huh, I disappear for a bit then come back here with a rant (of sorts). Sheesh.

Anywho, may you all have a great weekend cooking, sewing, reading, housecleaning (yuck!), or just generally getting up to shenanigans of all sorts ;)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment