Tuesday 28 January 2014

Falling behind

Ugh. Out for about a week with the stomach flu. I was off work for a couple of days, but sick over the weekend, and had been feeling stmptoms for about 3 days before that. Yeesh. Then again, as one person quipped at the office "Well, it's a great weight loss program" *lol* Which makes me think, now, "Did I need to lose that much weight??" Actually, yes I did, just a rotten way to do it. And a rotten way to get back into ab training.

Anywho, on to more appropriate subject matter...

One place I'd like to try and make it to this March (the 30th, to be exact) is the Gadson's Toronto Vintage Clothing Show. Looks like a lot of fun, and if I remember correctly, the lovely Jill and myself went to one of these a couple of years ago. Fun times indeed! :)

Huh, to try and make up for the awful lack of pics here, let's see if I can add a few of the patterns from my vintage collection in general (no projects planned for these right away, too far behind in other projects - *sigh*)

One I fell in love with:

Sorry, have to link as my picture uploader is being stubborn...

I promised the seller pics of the finished item, but it's taking so long they've probably forgotten who I am - but I will send them, I will! :) Hmmm, while linking to their shop, it appears that there are no items - I wonder if they're either closing down or just really busy? Things like that happen on etsy, unfortunately, but there's so many shops to peruse that it's pretty easy to find almost anything you're looking for.


Aonther lovely I own:

Link. This seller is Toronto-based, and a very knowledgable and lovely person to boot! :) I love PDF vintage magazines, as it certainly saves storage space in my home, and it's probably the instant gratification I love as well! *lol* Check out her blog as well, nifty stuff there...

Another great PDF seller on etsy (wow, I think I'm getting a little etsy-centric here, aren't I?) is this one. A truly lovely person, once in Norway, now in California. Her PDF patterns are terrific, using a French re-sizing method much akin to Lutterloh. Also, her collection of French fashion mags from the 1910's to the 1950's (the age range is fluid as it depends on what she's been able to dig up during the hunt) is amazing - I just need to win the lotto so I can buy everything she has! *lol*

Well, now that I've bored you playing the linky game, I should sign off. Sorry for the lack of pics in this post, I think my security settings are a little too high to allow for pic posting. While I take care of that little issue, I thank you few readers for your patience...and loving the comments, too! :)

What say you...should I have a little giveaway for my 5ooth pageview? I have vintage patterns galore that I'm thinking of selling off somehow (and I don't have the patience for starting up my own shop on etsy or ebay), so I was thinkingof taking some pics of the good ones and letting the winner choose what they want sent to them. Good idea, bad idea? Looking for help from the more experienced bloggers out there...

Thanks much for reading, Ta Ta!

4 comments:

  1. ugh flu! it's apparently the plague over here right now.

    giveaways are always lovely, but of course then you have to get to the post office. which is almost never lovely. i say (with all the brattiness i can muster) put pics up for your readers as your 500th celebration!!!! must haz PICS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my master (says the minion) *lol* Too tight of a firewall here at the office...my bad! Sooner or later I'll flood ya with them! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, you poor thing, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been struck down by the flu. Tony had it a few weeks ago and it seemed to be especially aggressive, take-no-prisoners kind of strain this year. With all my heart, I hope you'll soon be on the mend!

    Healing hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you peach of a gal you! :) Feeling much better - and some of my clothes are fitting a little better, too *lol*

      Delete